Monday, August 1st
The Concours will be held at historic Forsyth Park in downtown Savannah about 5 miles away from the host hotel. The drive to this majestic site in the heart of this great old southern city is an easy one. The cars will Parade through rustic Spanish moss-filled trees to be displayed on grounds surrounded by turn of the century architecture.
An air conditioned preparation area will be available at the convention center next to the Westin Hotel.
In addition to the Porsche Concours d’Elegance, there will be a Porsche Corral. The Corral will be a large area at the Concours site reserved for a non-judged display of members’ cars grouped by similar models. You will see a fantastic collection of Porsches from all over the United States and Canada.
Be a part of this world class event!
SUPPLEMENTAL CONCOURS INTRUCTIONS
- All in-door preparation spaces are first come/first serve for concours Porsche cars ONLY. The area will be available from Friday, July 29th thru Sunday, July 31st from 7AM to 2AM. There will be electrical outlets for power.
- Porsche fuel tanks should be less than 5 gallons or 25% of capacity (whichever is less).
- Cardboard, plastic sheeting, and/or carpet should be placed below the car. Some plastic sheeting will be available for participants.
- All flammable liquids are prohibited. There will be no aerosol products (especially painting supplies) allowed inside the building. All painting must occur outside at least 500 feet from any entrance.
- The washing area is located behind the convention center in the loading dock area. At the Marriott, the washing area is directly behind the hotel.
- All judged cars MUST go thru final check-in at the registration in Savannah to get your car number, judging sheets, and final instructions. On-line registration does NOT complete the registration process.
- Any requests for classification changes must be completed by 11:00AM on the day before the concours (Sunday).
- All judged cars must be driven onto the concours field and in place before 9:00AM.
- All judged cars must display their entry numbers in the center of the windshield to be admitted onto the concours site. It is not necessary for judged cars to affix the side numbers until after the event. NO JUDGED CAR WILL BE ALLOWED ONTO THE FIELD WITHOUT NUMBERS.
- Times for staging will be given at registration with placement starting at 6:00AM. You will not be placed if you come before your designated placement time.
- There is NO trailer parking on or near Forsyth Park. The only place designated for trailer parking is at the Savannah Civic Center which is approximately a mile away from the site at the intersection of Tattnall St. and Liberty St.
- All street legal cars must be driven from the convention center. The only trailers allowed are for non-street legal vehicles.